Unfortunately, many women hear the diagnosis “infertility” and are immediately overcome by panic and anxiety. According to statistics, about 15% of couples in Ukraine are faced with problems of conception and this number is increasing every year. However, the problem of infertility is relevant not only in our country, but throughout the world.
Female infertility is a diagnosis that is made if pregnancy does not occur within 1 year of regular sexual activity.
Female infertility can be:
- Primary – if the woman has not been pregnant before. Reasons: menstrual irregularities, endocrine system dysfunctions, congenital uterine abnormalities, etc. Treatment is conservative therapy.
- Secondary – if the woman previously had a pregnancy, and the problems began with the next attempts to conceive a child. Reasons: gynecological diseases, abortions, hormonal disorders, etc.
- Absolute – pregnancy is impossible due to the absence of a uterus or other genital organs. In this case, the doctor may recommend resorting to the services of a surrogate mother.
What are the causes of female infertility?
Common causes of female infertility:
- surgical interventions related to the reproductive system, abortion;
- gynecological and infectious diseases;
- endocrine disorders;
- frequent stress;
- excess weight;
- incompatibility of partners;
- bad ecology;
- woman’s age.
Hyperprolactinemia, ovarian failure, polycystic ovary syndrome, hypo- or hyperthyroidism, gonadotropic insufficiency are also considered a serious cause of female infertility.
In fact, there are a lot of reasons for female infertility and the patient may have several of them at once. Determining the true cause of infertility is an important step on the path to successful recovery and conception of a baby. For diagnostics, modern diagnostic methods are used: laboratory, ultrasound, endoscopic.
Female infertility treatment methods
In our time, the diagnosis of female infertility is not a sentence. In Ukraine, there are effective methods of treating this diagnosis, so do not despair. It is important to find an experienced doctor and strictly follow his recommendations.
There are several methods of treating female infertility: medical and surgical (laparoscopy, hysteroscopy). There are also auxiliary methods of treating infertility in women – IVF, intrauterine insemination, oocyte (egg) donation, surrogacy.
“LITA” clinic for reproductive medicine presents modern methods of treatment of female infertility. Leading experts with many years of experience work here. For each patient, they will be able to choose an individual treatment plan, as a result of which the woman will be able to experience the joy of motherhood.